It was our friend’s birthday, and he loves Jim Beam bourbon, so we bought him a bottle and I thought it would be fun to make him some bourbon cupcakes. I tried a couple versions of a recipe and finally arrived at what I thought was the yummiest Jim Beam cupcakes and bourbon buttercream frosting with a maple syrup drizzle.
My favorite cupcake recipe of the several I tried has double the bourbon of the others. So I think, with these, you shouldn’t eat cupcakes and drive! 🙂
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our taste testing of the different variations on cupcakes and frosting. And, the final product was a hit at the birthday party!
Jim Beam Bourbon Infused Cupcakes
Recipe Type: Alcohol Infused Cupcakes
Serves: 12 Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 8 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 6 Tbsp Milk
- 6 Tbsp Jim Beam bourbon[br]
- 1½ cups Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Jim Beam Bourbon
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream[br]
- Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the dry ingredients of flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the soft butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer on medium until fluffy, 3 to 6 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then add the milk and whiskey, about 30 seconds.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, and slowly add the flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Line 12 muffin tins and use an ice cream scoop to fill 2/3 full.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, or until light golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let cool for a couple minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- While cupcakes are baking, beat soft butter on high until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar until completely integrated
- Add vanilla extract and bourbon. Then add the heavy cream little by little to get the perfect consistency.
- Fill a disposable piping bag fitted with a large star tip, and frost completely cooked cupcakes.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the top